Teachers have the opportunity to:
- be led by an energetic instructor with vast knowledge of the subject matter,
- explore multiple investment topics, and
- participate in hands-on activities.
There is no cost for the training and teachers will receive:
- hotel lodging,
- mileage reimbursement,
- workshop materials and resources,
- ongoing support during the school year, and
- professional development points with district approval.
TEACHERS MUST BRING A LAPTOP OR OTHER COMPARABLE DEVICE.
Participation is limited to teachers who:
- teach grades 9-12 in an Oklahoma secondary school or technology center;
- have a signed contract for the 2018-2019 school year; and
- plan to teach investment/financial education during the 2018-2019 school year.
- No more than 2 teachers from the same school will be given a seat at a training session during initial registration. Additional registrations will be placed on the waitlist.
- Our expectation is you will attend both days in full. If you have to miss part of the Institute, please inform the STARS staff as far in advance as possible.
- If your employment status changes at any time, please notify the STARS staff immediately.